1. See the BBC News report, released March 21, 2013. These birth defects have been attributed to war munitions, by interviewees at the Iraqi Health Ministry & also at Basra Maternity Hospital: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21873892 .
2. See the BBC documentary, first broadcast March 22, 2013, with longer interviews, including Dr. Muhsin Al-Sabbak and Dr. Mozhgan Savabieasfahani. The BBC also interviews Iraqi Health Ministry staff members. They confirm that a World Health Organization report will show an increase of birth defects following the bombardment of Iraq: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/n3csrmz9 .
3. See also CNN: “Birth defects on the rise in Fallujah”, March 20, 2013, at: http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/world/2013/03/20/pkg-damon-iraq-fallujah-deformities.cnn#/video/world/2013/03/20/pkg-damon-iraq-fallujah-deformities.cnn
4. See also ABC News (U.S.A.): "Birth Defects Plague Iraq, But Cause Unknown", March 25, 2013, at http://abcnews.go.com/Health/birth-defects-plague-iraq-10-years-us-invasion/story?id=18793428
(The ABC report states that "the Federal Ministry of Health of Iraq and the World Health Organization have yet to release their joint study exploring the prevalence of birth defects in Iraq.")
5. See also SBS World News Australia: “Iraq’s epidemic of birth defects linked to war”, March 21, 2013, at http://www.sbs.com.au/news/video/22742595799/Iraqs-epidemic-of-birth-defects-linked-to-war .
6. See also Al Jazeera: “Epidemic of birth defects in Iraq and our duty as public health researchers”, March 15, 2013, at http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2013/03/2013312175857532741.html .
7. See again Al Jazeera: “Iraq: War’s legacy of cancer”, March 15, 2013, at http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2013/03/2013315171951838638.html .
8. See Democracy Now: “Ten Years Later, U.S. Has Left Iraq with Mass Displacement & Epidemic of Birth Defects, Cancers”, March 20, 2013, at http://www.democracynow.org/2013/3/20/ten_years_later_us_has_left .
9. See also MSNBC: “Bush promised Iraqi civilians a better future. What are their lives like now?”, March 18, 2013, at http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/03/18/president-bush-promised-iraqi-civilians-a-better-future-what-are-their-lives-like-now/ .
10. See also the Chicago Tribune, March 21, 2013, in the column "Soul Poison", at http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/sns-201303201630--tms--rkoehlerctnbk-a20130321-20130321,0,1598481.column
11. See also BBC Arabic, March 21, 2013: هل فاقمت حرب العراق سرطان و تشوهات الاطفال؟ , at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/arabic/multimedia/2013/03/130321_iraq_children_cancer.shtml
(Note: The BBC news report is also on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewpV2OBxLAc )